Take a look at these seven characteristics of a user-friendly website.
- Simple navigation. Having a website that is easy to navigate and understand will make it easy for users to find what they’re looking for. Keep page titles short and organized methodically.
- Readable content. Your content should be clear, concise, and well-formatted. Utilize headings and subheadings to breakdown content, as well as short paragraphs and bulleted lists.
- Aesthetic appeal. This should be a given, your website should be visually appealing through the use of color, text, and images. Stay true to your brand and make your website recognizable.
- Visual resources. Make use of visual resources like images, videos, and interesting designs that work to organize your site and inspire engagement. Visuals will also help break up your content.
- Fast load times. We expect a quick response from the web at all times. If we don’t receive it, we are likely to move on to the next thing. Check your load times and optimize your site as needed.
- Easy to use forms. You should be using forms that engage users and generate leads. Make sure your forms are accessible, easy to find, and a no-brainer to fill out and submit.
- Mobile-friendly/responsive. At the very least, you should have a mobile-friendly website to appeal to mobile users. If you’re ahead of the curve, make everything responsive.
To learn more about website design and development, check out our web design services page.