An e-blast is a strong form of marketing that businesses can use to their advantage to reach their target audiences. E-blasts allow you to keep in touch with existing and/or potential clients by delivering news and/or promotions on your products or services quickly and easily.
To be successful in your next email marketing campaign, consider these five helpful tips:
- A clever title. The title you select is the first important piece to writing an e-blast.Your titleshould tell the customer exactly what you are trying to market; therefore, this is when you need to hook the audience. The few words you choose to use as a title can make or break the purpose of your e-blast, consider a call-to-action up front.
- A planned goal. What do you want to achieve?A goalis important to keep in mind when drafting an e-blast. Being direct with your audience will increase your chances of reaching your goal. Effective email marketing consists of a brief, clear, and positive message.
- Avoid being spam. Why send an e-blast if your target audience can’t even open it?It is crucial to avoid using spam-triggered vocabulary. Companies often lose credibility and are considered unprofessional when they send out emails that result in spam. Make your writing structure clear and concise to avoid setting off red flags for spam filters.
- A detailed contact list. Having a thorough contact listis important when it comes to reaching your target audience. Segmenting your contact list based on your e-blast topics and goals can be beneficial to reaching the proper customer base and achieving positive results. Keeping an eye on your unsubscribe list is critical to determining if you are sending e-blasts too often, sending irrelevant information, etc.
- Links and contact info. Lead recipients to where and how you want them to take action.Your e-blast is a marketing tool; use it properly by placing internal links throughout the email. These links provide a higher likelihood of directing customers back to your website and increasing SEO. Don’t forget to provide your contact information; the customer needs to be able to contact you quickly and easily.
What step do you think is most important to conducting a successful email marketing campaign?
Image courtesy of ddpavumba / FreeDigitalPhotos.net