The first is that creative team brainstorming improves your critical thinking and problem-solving skills as an individual and a team. It also encourages collaboration on more than just major projects. Team members often feel more open to bouncing ideas off one another and seeking advice on individual projects when creative team brainstorming is an important part of the work process. Additionally, creative brainstorming works to include different perspectives and improves the team’s ability to think outside the box.
Here are several things to keep in mind when organizing a creative brainstorming session:
- Identify the goals before you call a session. To assist the creative brainstorming process, you should identify the goals of the session before you gather together your team so as to maximize your efforts.
- Prep the group prior to getting together. In addition to identifying goals prior to meeting, you should also prep your group before getting together. Send out a meeting invite with notes on the intent of the session and the goals you’ve set to achieve during that time.
- Appoint a leader/moderator of the session. To help the session flow and stay on track, you should always appoint a leader or moderator to guide the group through the meeting.
- Invite a diverse group of people. When you are thinking about calling a brainstorming session, consider a diverse group of people that will be able to give unique perspectives on the challenge at hand.
- Set a time limit. Always set a time limit for your creative brainstorming sessions, 1-2 hours is usually ideal. This is enough time to keep the group engaged without leading to frustrations if goals are not being accomplished the first time around. Call a second session if needed.
- Write everything down. As you proceed through the creative brainstorming process, have a designated note-taker that will record everything you discuss. After the meeting, send the notes around to the team and let them know that any additional feedback is welcome.
How do you creatively brainstorm with your team? What techniques do you use?
What would you do with more time to strategize and grow your business?
We are passionate about providing business owners and marketing departments with more time to grow while generating creatively brilliant results using digital, PR, web design, branding, and marketing strategies. Send us a message telling us your pain points on strategy or any other aspect of your business marketing. We will schedule a free 30-minute consultation to get to know you and discuss your growth goals.