Marketing in healthcare is an ever-evolving field. To be successful, you have to implement new and creative ideas on a rotation. This is because healthcare is like any other field, and medical advertisers have to take exceptional sensitivity in their marketing approach.
This article is comprised of five creative and innovative ways to shake things up and successfully create healthcare marketing strategies that works.
1) Direct E-mail Marketing
Direct email marketing is a great way to connect with your clients and share offers and promos with them. You can send them tailored weekly email newsletters. Here are a few tips to employ when advertising to clients via email marketing:
- Think about the needs of your various market segments; then craft offers to them according to their needs. For example, if you run a dental clinic, you can provide new referrals’ or first-timers discounts.
- Send out reminders on appointments and free checkups clients are due for according to their insurance policy.
- Tell clients about the cutting-edge technology your clinic has over other clinics in the same field.
- Make sure your message is relevant, and your offer provides excellent benefits.
Get a professional to craft email newsletters to attract the right audience. The professional copywriters at Millennium Agency can tailor your message to the audience you need.
2) Utilize Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Another excellent advertising idea to implement in your healthcare marketing strategy is to optimize your website for search engines. Optimizing your website’s SEO is a perfect way to get patients on your site without having to pay for advertisements.
A properly optimized website can increase your site ranking and can even help with your targeted ads.
Other tips for ensuring search engines rank your site high are:
- Ensure you have a professionally designed and engaging website, so patients don’t click off your site immediately. This will reduce your bounce rate.
- Ensure your website offers valuable and concise information about your services and whatever packages you offer.
- Make sure your credentials are strategically placed on your website – to build trust in your audience’s mind.
- Create a blog on your website to draw your audience through healthcare content marketing. You can get qualified writers from platforms like Writing Judge to help you create content for your blog.
3) Create Tailored Promotions for Remarketing.
Do you know that your conversion rate can rise by as much as 161% through remarketing? Remarketing/retargeting is an expert way for medical advertisers to reach past and current patients with their promotions. Also, healthcare practices can increase their revenue by remarketing to current and past patients.
Marketing to current or past patients is an excellent advertising strategy because you are marketing to patients who have used your services before and are confident in your capabilities.
Here are some tips on using remarketing to target current or past patients:
- Send targeted marketing promotions to your current or past patients on procedures they haven’t tried from your practice. Some patients may have used certain of your products before, but not others, so telling them about the benefits of other services you offer and running promos on it can be an excellent way to get them to try them.
- Build loyalty within your patients by offering them unique and exclusive promotions.
4) Attract Local Patients via Digital Advertising
Digital advertising is a strategic way to market your healthcare practice to patients in your area. By advertising your practice on platforms like Google Ads, you can strategically target patients through; their age, income level, sex, geographical area, etc.
Some tips on running a digital ad:
- Clearly define the goals of the ad you are about to run. Is your goal brand awareness, get more walk-ins in your clinic, drive traffic to your website? Whatever it is, state it clearly before running your ad.
- Next, get creative with your digital ad to attract patients to click.
- Next, create a funnel to guide patients through their decision-making process once they click on your digital ad.
Pro-tip: You can carry out an A/B testing to see what kind of ads work for you when marketing in healthcare.
5) Team up
Lastly, you can form a partnership with other healthcare specialists and provide joint services to patients. The keys to a successful collaboration are;
- To partner up with people who aren’t direct competitors with your practice.
- To ensure that everyone benefits from your partnership. This includes you, your partner, and your patients.
Healthcare content marketing doesn’t have to be stressful, but it does have to be creative. And, while not all healthcare marketing strategies will work for your business, the five advertising ideas shared in this article should inspire you to create ideas to attract more patients.
About Millennium Agency
Millennium Agency is a national, award-winning, digital, creative, content/PR, and video marketing firm. With offices in Boston and New Hampshire, our team unites creative branding and data analytics to accelerate our clients’ growth, while combining our clients’ vision with our marketing expertise to increase sales opportunities and drive brand success. From video advertising and web design to social media and PR, Millennium can guide your marketing efforts every step of the way. Contact the professionals at Millennium Agency to learn more!