With so many ways to market your business, it’s important to have the right consumer data. You may have heard the term “big data,” but are not sure how to take advantage of this data to learn about your potential consumers. Here are three proven strategies for gathering viable consumer data:
Your customer base is diverse, and it is important for your email marketing efforts to reflect this. Utilizing email segmentation helps your content resonate with consumers. For example, suppose that your business sells LED light products with a variety of industrial, household, and automotive applications. Segmenting your email content by audience will help you reach your customer base with relevant information.
Believe it or not, even subtle segmentation can be very effective. For example, “How XYZ lights keep the road ahead visible for you and your family” may resonate better with family-oriented customers than simply, “How XYZ lights keep the road ahead visible.”
Moreover, there are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to email segmentation:
- Monitoring your segmented email success rate will give you actionable data on your customers. Much like A/B testing, small tweaks and changes will help you connect your message with the values of your customers.
- There is no such thing as too much segmentation! The more personal the email, the better the chance of connecting with your audience.
Keywords are “key” when it comes to reaching the right customers. Roughly 50% of search queries are under four words, which makes it important to identify which keywords work and which ones aren’t as effective.
Thus, enhancing your keywords is central to the cause of improving your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and increasing sales. Consumers rely almost entirely on the internet for information on where to buy what they are looking for.
Additionally, by monitoring data on your keyword conversion rates, you can enhance your business’ SEO and reach a larger population of potential customers.
Closed Loop Marketing
Closed loop marketing is another strategy for gathering customer data and learning more about what converts users to leads. Today, there are four steps to closed loop marketing that provide highly useful data on consumer behavior:
- Visitor arrives on your site: Can be used to determined how users find your website. Perhaps they entered through a search engine, by clicking on an email link, or through links from content/social media. Whatever the source, you can learn more about how people are hearing about you from this step.
- Visitor browses your site: Provides data on where the user travels on your website before they become a lead. This data demonstrates what works on your website for visitor conversion and what elements could be improved.
- Visitor becomes a lead: A visitor can become a lead by filling out a submission form, creating an account, or signing up to receive emails. Regardless of how they become a lead, this step will provide you with valuable data on who your customers are.
- Visitor becomes a customer: Monitoring data on visitors who become customers is critical to learning about their buying journey. Follows buyers from their first point of contact with your brand up until their purchase of your product or service.
Utilizing and researching email segmentation, keyword research, and closed loop marketing can provide valuable consumer data that can help you expand your customer-base and achieve your business goals. If you feel that your business could use assistance gathering actionable consumer data, contact Jessica Chabot, Vice President, Client Services of Millennium Agency at www.mill.agency.
About Millennium Agency
Millennium Agency is a nationally recognized, top woman led B2B branding, positioning, and digital marketing firm who knows how to create value that emotionally influences your customer’s buying decision, giving you the competitive advantage. As your trusted partner in B2B software technology and manufacturing, we provide the branding and positioning framework that make an impact – so you can focus on what you do best – run your business successfully. With offices in Boston and New Hampshire, and a worldwide presence, the professionals at Millennium Agency would like to learn more about your business. Visit www.mill.agency or book time here.