• Create and post more of your own content. This includes blogs, infographics, videos, company news, etc. Get creative, call a brainstorming session and get the whole team involved, chances are you have a lot of unique content to contribute. Bonus, posting original content will help drive more traffic to your website, not someone else’s.
  • Use articles, blogs, videos, and more to spark engagement instead of just giving the facts. Whether it’s your original content or content from a reputable source, use these resources as a way to get your social media followers involved. Ask questions such as “What do you think?” or “Was this a good or bad idea?” Social media is all about open, constant communication. Get things rolling in your favor!
  • The 80/20 rule is an invaluable piece of social media marketing wisdom. This means that 80% of the time your posts consist of useful, entertaining information that is not self-promoting. The other 20% of the time your posts can pitch the products or services you offer along with an effective call-to-action.

Follow these quick tips to peek your followers’ interest and keep them coming back for more. Not only will this help you retain followers, it will help you gain more.

Image courtesy of Jan Pietruszka at FreeDigitalPhotos.net